Sustavacu® is a newly developed glass fibre filled plastic sheet that allows economical production of high-quality formed parts by means of thermo-forming.
The parameters for processing were determined in numerous thermoforming tests by the Application Technology Department of ILLIG, a world leader in thermoforming equipment.
The properties of Sustavacu® can be characterised by the following:
- Excellent thermoformability
- Very good mechanical strength
- High stiffness
- High rigidity
- Excellent creep resistance
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Good impact strength
- High resistance to solvents, fuels and lubricants
- Excellent continuous service temperature range -20º to +140ºC
- High resistance to deformation at high temperature
- Can be friction or heat welded
- Can be glued using solvent glues, isocyanates, anaerobics or concentrated formic acid
- Can be printed
- Can Vacuum Metallised subject to surface pre-treatment
Fields of application: automotive components such as housings in HVAC applications, fenders, side linings of trucks and other machinery, bezels.
Sustavacu® absorbs moisture during storage, this might cause bubbles during forming. Please refer to Sustavacu® properties and processing page.
DOWNLOAD DATA SHEET
Only on special request. Minimum Order Quantities.