Fluoro Ethylene Hexa Propylene
The high molecular weight of PTFE and associated high melt viscosity and specialist processing suggested the need for fluoroplastics, which could be, melt processed like conventional thermoplastics by injection moulding or extrusion. These copolymers include F.E.P.
Despite the close relationship to PTFE it has properties somewhat different.
F.E.P can be characterised by the following properties in comparison with PTFE:
- Can be moulded, extruded and thermoformed
- High impact strength
- High resistance to stress cracking
- Lower service temperature of 200°C
- Comparable electrical properties
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Excellent resistance to weathering
- Lower coefficient of linear thermal expansion
- Non flammable to VDE 0304 part 3 and UL 94 V-O
Fields of application: cable insulation, chemical resistant linings, paper industry roll covers and electronic components.
Please refer to your nearest E-Plas Sales Office for further information
Only on special request. Minimum Order Quantities.