Ethylene Chloro Tri Fluoro Ethylene
E.C.T.F.E Halar« is a fluoroplastic with a unique chemical structure resulting in material that has remarkable resistance to most inorganic and organic chemicals as well as solvents. No solvent attacks ECTFE under 120║C or causes it to crack.
Although known for it's excellent chemical reistance properties, E.C.T.F.E Halar« also has very good mechancial properties similar to Polyamide.
E.C.T.F.E Halar« is available in rod, sheet, pipe and glass fabric backed sheet for the manufacture of chemical structures and tanks. It is also available as a dispersion coating which can be applied to metal surfaces.
E.C.T.F.E Halar« can be characterised by the following properties:
- -76║C to 170║C (short term) temperature range
- Good weatherability
- Flame retardant UL-94 VO
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- FDA and BGA approval for food contact
- Resistant to acids, bases, solvents and chlorine
- Good electrical insulating properties
- Good non-stick properties
- High purity
- Easily machined, fabricated and welded
Only on special request. Minimum Order Quantities.
DOWNLOAD DATA SHEET