25% Glass Filled
Milled glass fibres have the least effect on chemical and electrical properties and add greatly to the mechanical strength of Virgin or unfilled P.T.F.E.
The addition of glass improves compressive properties and creep strength by as much as 40% and improves wear resistance dramatically.
Although resistant to acids and oxidation, it can be attacked by alkali.
25% glass filled P.T.F.E can be characterised by the following properties:
- Higher compressive strength
- Higher hardness
- Improved wear and abrasion resistance
- Increased dimensional stability
- Lower linear thermal expansion
- Improved thermal stability
- Not approved for food contact applications
- Slightly lower electrical properties compared to virgin unfilled grade
- Abrasive against mating surfaces when compared to virgin unfilled grade
Fields of application: shaft seals, gaskets, bridge bearings, slide bearings, bushes, laboratory parts, pipe supports, piston rings, piston rod packings in compressor plunger pumps and valves.
DOWNLOAD DATA SHEET