Sustavacu« - Vacuum Formable Nylon Sheet
Sustavacu« is a newly developed 12% glass fibre filled NYLON sheet that allows economical production of high-quality formed parts by means of thermo-forming.
The parameters for processing were determined in numerous thermoforming tests by the Application Technology Department of ILLIG, a world leader in thermoforming equipment.
Sustavacu« is currently undergoing trials with BMW and Mercedes Benz in HVAC applications.
The properties of Sustavacu« can be characterised by the following:
- Excellent thermoformability
- Very good mechanical strength
- High stiffness
- High rigidity
- Excellent creep resistance
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Excellent impact strength
- High resistance to solvents, fuels and lubricants
- Excellent continuous service temperature range -20║ to +140║C
- High resistance to deformation at high temperature
- Can be friction or heat welded
- Can be glued using solvent glues, isocyanates, anaerobics or concentrated formic acid
- Can be printed
- Can be Vacuum Metallised subject to surface pre-treatment
Fields of application: automotive components such as housings in HVAC applications, fenders, side linings of trucks and other machinery, bezels.
Sustavacu« absorbs moisture during storage, this might cause bubbles during forming. Please refer to Sustavacu« properties and processing page.
DOWNLOAD DATA SHEET
DOWNLOAD "INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF PLASTICS DISTRIBUTORS" ARTICLE
Only on special request. Minimum Order Quantities.