Tivar« H.O.T - Higher Operating Temperature
In many applications Tivar« H.O.T is more than just an economic alternative to PTFE and Nylon type 6. Tivar« H.O.T is a modified grade of Tivar« with high abrasion resistance. Its unique formula inhibits oxidation and allows for higher operating temperatures up 135║C and subsequently a longer life span.
Tivar« H.O.T is fast becoming the material of choice for high temperature applications.
Tivar« H.O.T meets US Food and Drug Administration Regulations 21CFR177.1520, and 21CFR178.2010. Also EU Directive 2002/72/EC for direct food contact applications.
Tivar« H.O.T can be characterised by the following properties:
- Retained properties in the extended temperature range
- Contains oxidation inhibiting additives
- Low coefficient of friction
- High impact strength
- High tensile strength
- Very good chemical and corrosion resistance
- No moisture absorption
- Exhibits excellent release characteristics
- Lasts up to 10 times longer than standard Tivar« 1000 in higher temperature environments.
Fields of application: linings in Flyash plants and drying ovens, J-Leg wear strips in proofing ovens, seals for pasteurisers, chemical and medical processing equipment, rollers and sprockets in food processing equipment and grain drag flights.
DOWNLOAD DATA SHEET